Over the last two weeks a number of Mentone Grammar Swimmers travelled to South Australia to compete in the 2019 Australian Age Swimming Championships, achieving some incredible results.
- Hannah S took away 8th in the 200m Freestyle and 400m IM.
- Tom D finished 6th in the 200m Breastroke as well as achieving a fantastic new personal best time.
- Teah V is also coming home with a new personal best in the 200m Butterfly.
- Jayde B and Michael G gave it their best swimming with great heart.
- Sienna S was an absolute superstar throughout the two weeks and became the most decorated Bayside swimmer ever at a National Championship, she won three gold and one silver medal.
- Aimee G was remarkable winning gold in the 200m Butterfly and bronze in the 100m Butterfly. Her time made her eligible for selection for the Australian Junior World Championship team and based on the FINA point score, she now holds the fastest time ever swum by a Bayside swimmer!
- Former Swimming Vice Captain Jordan F also won silver in the 200m Backstroke at the Australian Open Championships.
All swimmers should be extremely proud of their hard work and the sportsmanship they showed throughout the competition period.